Wednesday 22 September 2010

Meeting knitting friends...

Well, we're back from London and that was a quick 18 days... or so it seems to me now. I'm a bit under the weather at the moment with a very sore throat and I'm positive it's a combo of climate shock and severe tiredness.

The I Knit London 2010 show went very well for me, and I came away with a lot of happy memories, brilliant sales on the second day, a lot of experience and best of all was meeting a few very special women. Nicky, whose blog is A Life Like Vera! and Heike, who I felt like I knew already as we had developed a very special bond this past spring. I ran into a Knitting Haven Parlor friend, which was a lovely surprise, too. And I was also really lucky to meet some of my newsletter subscribers finally!

Heike had made me a beautiful book cover, the inside of which was handmade paper from India. Gorgeous.

Heike added a beautiful button and a leather strap to the knitted journal cover. It's perfect for autumn musings. (A knitters' favourite season!)

I will post about the show specifically next time, but I wanted to first mention these lovely people, and also another nice surprise which was waiting for me when I got home. Patty, whose blog is Dream a Little Dream and knits wonderful things for wonderful little Angels, had sent me a lovely card. I first 'met' Patty when she shopped with me, but I don't see her as a customer at all and it's a great blessing that I've gotten to know her as a friend.


Lavender farm card from Patty.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your very kind words, it was indeed wonderful to meet you and I can't wait to see you again in the spring. In the meantime we just have to write lots of e-mails to each other.
    I must see if my free foreign phonecalls are valid for Turkey ;-))
    Love Heike x

    ReplyDelete