Thursday 29 July 2010

The rock'n'roll of needles.

Our needles to be showcased at I-Knit Weekender this September. The Ebru needles in bamboo have turned out incredibly cool after our latest workshop efforts and I quite think I don't want to sell them at all... Here they are in pink/green, blue and lilac/woodtone:

All three colours of the Ebru Needles ~ lilac/woodtone, blue, pink/green.
Ebru Needles in blue ~ All cloudy and dreamy.
Ebru Needles in Lilac/woodtone. These evolved into a more exciting colour than planned.

Good enough to eat ~ pink/green ebru'ed needles.

Are you sure you want to wrench these away from me?
Ebru Needles in Turkish wood and the longer length. The wood adds a more textural dimension to the colour.

The Ebru Needles will be at the I-Knit Weekender show on 10-11th September, 2010 if you'd like to have a look.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Figen they are so gorgeous and I am sure they will be snapped up in London.
    I for one love my wooden ones, just wish they came in different sizes.
    Hugs from Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heike! I'm so glad you're enjoying yours, the blue ones are particularly lovely though I mustn't be prejudiced :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them all, Figen! These are too lovely to be considered 'funky' in either US meaning of the word - how about whimsical, lyrical, magical enough to making your knitting fingers fly?! (I clearly like them) I hope you've made lots because you will sell out for sure - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figen. These are beautiful. I am so happy you got them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine and Carrie,
    Thank you both for your encouraging words and compliments. It makes all the efforts so worthwhile. Zeynep and I both worked really hard on these and she'll be over the moon when I forward on the remarks :)

    ReplyDelete