Saturday 25 September 2010

I Knit London

This September was our first time participating in a Weekender show, and everyone was amazing. Build-up was the night before the show and when I wandered in at 9pm Gerard was all helpful and bubbly. It's obvious he put a lot of work and energy into the event.

The show was full of really fabulous vendors, some I've met before, and it was only a shame that so few turned up on the first day, as a lot of effort had gone into it by both the I Knit people and the vendors to make it a great knitting event. Debbie Bliss, Alice Stanmore and Erica Knight were there, too, which says it all.

I had a great time talking to people about my Ebru Needles, the Oya embroidery (which was a huge hit as expected)


and the cotton yarn (the Black Ink being very popular with men knitters as well)... 



It was also fun to have people dig in to the stitch marker basket like a treasure hunt - there were so many varieties. All in all, I met some lovely people and had a lot of laughs, it was a very warm and friendly crowd.  

A photo pilfered from Nicky's blog A Life Like Vera! 

No comments:

Post a Comment